Sunday, January 2, 2011

Theme is happy baby again

Ok, I promise, not all of these pictures are going to be of my son:)
But, today's is because we were at a birthday party.
Fun times and copious amount of sugar were had by all...and for the photo of the day...


this is what you would call a "bad" picture (technically speaking).  But, you know, sometimes, if you capture a good moment, then "bad" technically speaking (specially when you are dealing with children AND as long as it isn't too bad) doesn't matter that much...that being said, I like this picture.

In this picture, he is in a play-worm-thing with bright colored fabric all around him so he has a weird pink glow to him, he was moving fast toward me so it isnt quite as sharp as I'd like, there was a big window right next to the worm, so one side is more washed out than the other, and I didnt bring my Speedlite, so I had to use an oncamera flash - yikes!  As far as the camera itself, again, it was my beloved T1i and 24-70mm f2.8L lens.  Shutter speed was 1/100, f2.8 (again - cause I love the shorter depth of field) and 3200ISO and on-camera flash - oh my! 

A word about ISO - I used to be afraid to go over 400ISO because of grain, but I found that I can get a good picture even up to 3200ISO as long as I dont under expose the picture, if I underexpose then grain will ruin it, but if I get a good exposure, then grain will not destroy the picture (I've done this all the way up to 12800ISO) if you run it through noiseware...this was a very handy thing to learn and it lets me shoot without flash a whole lot more than I used to:)

No comments:

Post a Comment