Friday, January 14, 2011

SO COLD!

I'm pretty wimpy when it comes to weather, and today was no exception.  At 10am, it wasn't even 40 degrees!  Because of this, the little guy and I stayed inside for most of the day.  He was actually in a great mood today cause he finally went down for his naps like he should.  Unfortunately, tonight is not going so well...

Anyway, my pic of the day is:




T1i, 50mm f1.4 lens...1/125shutter speed, f3.2, ISO800...no flash...

End of week 2, only 50 more to go...
Random thoughts and outtakes...
I did spend a bit of time looking around the eb for pictures of styles that I like...I'm getting more comfortable with black and white, but I think my favorite is the "color popping" look...which can easily be taken too far...but looks great when it is not...so, this is a bit of my experiment...the first picture is "natural", the second one is high color with a lot of noise reduction (smoothing), and the third is black and white...


I'm a bit torn, cause though I like natural...I kinda like the second one because it does pop out at you a lot more...might try to do more fooling around with post production to get my own style with that...I do like color so much...

Anyway...here are 2 outtakes that I thought were funny:)  In the first, he is very excited about petting the kitty, though the kitty is much less enthusiastic...in the second, he is a bit sad (not sure why, he had been happy a minute before:)):

3 comments:

  1. Personally I like the B&W because of the higher tonal contrast. The more saturated look is a personal preference thing (not my favorite) but I think you overdid the noise reduction a little. For older subjects it might be a good thing but here you lose a lot of the fine detail (eyelashes, eyebrows) and it starts to posterize a little around the eyes and nose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magda- Thanks:)
    JP- I definitely overdid the noise reduction, I did that in the previous one I was playing with also - had it set on 20 which was the highest setting...LOL, making him a poster child - literally...will try to reduce it, and maybe bring down saturation a bit so the hair is a bit less yellow...but I'm enjoying bringing it out...as for B&W...I think I'm finally starting to get it as far as contrast and curves, its so hard...I think the filter helped!

    ReplyDelete