Thursday, January 6, 2011

The outdoors in black and white!

Well, the boy was a grump, so the day didn't go as planned, but we did make it to the park, so, I finally got to take pictures outside, hooray!!

Here is the pic of the day:
This picture has almost everything that I like in a photo...I LOVE closeups, I love the background blur, I love when I have perfect focus on the eyes, and I love the great catchlights in his eyes...much better than yesterday's photo!  The only thing that I wish I'd done differently is been a bit further away from him so that I could have gotten more of his head in the picture...but since he was climbing on me, and it was a fixed lens (no zoom) then, well, there ya go:)

Anyway, I switched it up a bit today, since we were at the park, I didn't feel like dragging around a heavy lens, so, this was the T1i with my 50mm f1.4 lens, with a black and white filter on it...

As far as the picture, I had SUN - HOORAY!!: ISO200 (so almost no fuzziness up close!), shutter speed 1/500, and f2.2...I noticed that if I get below 2.2, then there is too much blur...

You might also notice that this photo is black and white (since I had the filter, I might as well:)) - I am determined to get better at black and white photography, it is so much harder because it is less forgiving than color...if something is a bit too light /dark in color, it doesnt matter, if it is too light/dark in black and white - it looks horrible...

And, stay tuned for the outtakes of the week, coming up tomorrow!!

1 comment: