Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Becoming...

No, the title was not referring to what I think of myself:)

my title is about the little guy...he is really starting to become who he will be and I absolutely marvel at it...he is stubborn, and independent, but such a mamma's boy...he doesnt smile that easily, but he always wants something new to laugh about...and just because you found something to make him laugh today - dont think that it will work tomorrow, cause you'll have to find something new...

Today he as into everything, and gave me half a heart attack because he has figured out how to climb up (completely up) on my husband's gym...you know with weights and metal bars and all sorts of things that could damage a baby.  He also was very curious about the camera today and wanted to explore the lens so bad that I had to fend him off with my knees (see pic)...originally, my picture as going to be of something else entirely, but I thought that this just really captured the moment today, and since I'm the boss...this is my picture of the day:)




Camera T1i, lens 24-70mm f2.8L...picture details (it was all about getting as much light as possible cause I didnt have the Speedlite on the camera - and wasnt in much of a position to go get it): 1/100 shutter speed, ISO3200 (does have grain but not as bad as some of my other ventures down the high ISO road), f2.8...he had a bit of dry skin around his mouth that I should have editted out as I look at it now, but I forgot to...

In the picture above, I did a lot of post-process (still trying to find my style), am playing around with masks a lot...this was the SOOC shot...

it was way yellow - had the white balance at white fluorescent because I had been using tungsten but it was too blue, but this was too yellow)...mask to help the face look more natural, mask to multiply/blur everything but the face, mask to get the hair on the left side less yellow, then noiseware and sharpening (among other things)...

Anyway, hopefully I will look back on this in 2012 and marvel at how far I've come:)

No comments:

Post a Comment