Monday, January 10, 2011

Relaxing...or wanting to...

Today the little guy and I went to the gym for two reasons...
1. I really needed to exercise, I used to run all the time, I did triathlons - even an Ironman...and now, I...ummm...dont...so sometimes, I just need to move the legs a bit...

2. They have this amazing jacuzzi at the gym, and I LOVE hot!  I never went in one while pregnant, and sometimes, I just want to relax in the hot!

The other nice thing about the gym is that they have free childcare...unfortunately, the little guy doesnt often like to be away from me, so I usually go to the gym, and then 15 minutes later, they call me back to get him cause he is so sad...

Today, I had a good 20+ minutes on the treadmill before they came to let me know that he wasn't happy...I ran to the jacuzzi for about 2 minutes (this was the second time in 4 days that I've tried to get to it), snapped my picture (thats a whole 'nother story below), and went to get the little guy.

Wouldn't you know, RIGHT after they came to get me, he calmed down, and he was perfectly happy when I got there...oh well...

He ended up being in a great mood, and we had a good time today...

As for the picture...the jacuzzi is in the changing room area of the gym, so I feel a bit (more than a bit) self conscious about whipping out my camera in a changing room!!  So, I cover the camera with my towel, then go to take the pic - but no, there's someone coming...so, put the camera away...but I have to hurry cause I have to go get the little guy...I do this about 4 times and finally get my super quick snapshot...

No, it is not a great picture, but I just didn't feel like explaining to people why I was taking a picture in the girls changing room, and I had to go get the little guy cause they had already called me back...so, it is what it is, it was a 2 second pic with no retakes:)
Camera is T1i and 50mm f1.4 lens (cause I had it in my bag and didnt want the really big lens)...picture details: f3.2, 1/125 shutter speed, and ISO6400 (no flash and I was in a room that had no windows:))...most important thing was that I had the white balance set at tungsten...I was shooting in jpg for this pic, if I do a "photo shoot" I shoot in RAW, because it is easier to manipulate, but I was just trying to be fast...

For being ISO6400, the pic doesn't have too much noise cause I ran it through a noiseware program that works really well:)

No comments:

Post a Comment