Saturday, January 1, 2011

A New Year!

This begins a new year, and looks like I wasn't the best at keeping up with my thoughts last year...
among many other things, I would like to have a NewYears resolution of keeping up with it more - and to begin a 365 project - taking at least one picture a day for the year (might take me a while to get them up, but I will try to take them)...I guarantee, they will not all be great pictures, but some will be spectacular, I'm sure of it!!

I will also try to give a bit of information about each picture and hopefully I will see my phography improve as I go...

Here is today's picture...
This is my son playing on the computer as his poor dad is trying to type.


I took this picture with a Canon T1i and (my Christmas gift) 24-70mm f2.8L lens...
I had the camera set on manual, f2.8, ISO400, shutter speed 1/125
Speedlite 430ii on the camera set at 1/8 maximum because it was dark out and I only had one fluorescent bulb lighting up the room, I bounced it off the ceiling...this was obviously a snapshot, but I love the look on his face, his latest thing is sticking his tongue out when he gets excited (and nothing is more exciting than getting on daddy's computer when daddy is trying to do work)...I like that the shadows are a lot less harsh then normal lighting with the bounce, though I wish I'd gotten a bit of catchlights in his eyes from the computer to give it a bit more personality...

1 comment:

  1. Very nicely done with the flash. I think it's a great natural look.

    ReplyDelete