Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Self-portrait...with your loved one...

I'm back on track and posing with the one I love...my hubby was at work, or else he would have definitely been in here too...

This was hard in theory, but the pose wasnt as bad as I thought it would be cause the timer had a blinker, and I could tickle him - and the boy LOVES hugs...his big thing right now is huge bear hugs every time I pick him up and I get tears in my eyes cause I love them so much...

The hard part really was the focus...I focused on where I was putting the camera (a shelf) then I put the camera on the shelf, grabbed the baby, and the picture took...I also had trouble getting my head directly in front of the camera...but, it wasnt as bad as I had thought all in all, and I have ideas for doing more of these in the future with a tripod and my hubby - I think we'll be able to focus and pose a lot better that way and I'm actually excited that they could turn out quite nice...

Anyway, this one captures us, it is mostly in focus and not too much of our appendages are cut off...even though it wasnt his best day, the boy makes me so happy, I love him so much:)  I put it in black and white cause I took it with an open door with us inside the house, and our house is a bit dark(thats just the way it is) so I couldn't get the color just perfect...




T1i, 50mm f1.4 lens...pic: ISO3600, f5 (so I could have a bit of fudge factor with the focus), 1/160...I do like the catch lights...I think I could take a nice one if there was more lighting coming into the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment