Sunday, February 27, 2011

Family picture - NOT FAIL!

Today started off bad...the baby woke up early and horribly grumpy...we went out to brunch and he fell off the table face first into the window sill at the restaurant and split his lip open and was bleeding everywhere (not exaggerating, it was horrible!), found out that the strobe lightbulb couldnt be replaced - I would have to get a whole new one (very expensive)...and the little guy wouldn't nap...UGH!

Finally got him to sleep and hubby let me get out...I was going to do a 7 mile bike ride (I haven't ridden my bike in about a year and a half - except for one little 5 mile ride in April of last year)...but, it felt so good to move that I did a 25 mile bike ride (or should I say - it felt good until about 15 miles in and then it was hard, but still good!)...cleared the head...

Got back, figured out the settings of the strobe - since I was able to figure it out while on the bike (dont need a new one and I'll be able to retake the cake smash - yeah!), watched the little guy walk all over the place, and then finally took the picture I've been meaning to take for forever...and I LOVE IT!!!!!

T1i, 50mm f1.4 (cause the 24-70mm was too heavy for the tripod)...pic: 1/160, f3.5, ISO800...
I'm getting a HUGE poster size of this one tonight...I took it by placing the camera on a tripod right outside the door, and then we are inside the house facing the open door...I was able to focus, and then because the self timer beeps and blinks, the little guy looked at it - LOVE!

PS-you can see his busted lip in the pic...poor baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment